Tuesday, September 30, 2008

On My first Galapagos Island

I don´t know if you´ve ever had a dream come true but I´m living in mine at this moment! I can hardly believe I´m sitting in an internet cafe right across the street from turquoise waters framed by palm and cactus trees. It is so beautiful here and the locals and tourist are warm and friendly. I´m on the island of Baltra and later this afternoon, headed for Isabella, one of the most special of islands because it´s wild life has been so well preserved. The population is black, indigenous, spanish, chinese, and a small mix of foreigners, mostly europeans so please tell Rodney King, Yes, we all can get along! It´s almost time for me to catch my boat to Isabelle where I will visit Dolphin beach and Flamingo lake! I need to get help to download photos as the camera and downloading stuff from it is all new to me so please be patient.
PS: Don´t do anything stressful tomorrow, it´s a holiday....my Birthday!!!! so send me some love please:-)
miss u and hope all is well in your world.
Lonnieworld

2 comments:

Mary Thongvanh said...

Hi there Auntie!!! Glad to hear that you made it and am sorry about the uncomfortable plane ride :( Sounds like you are having a wonderful time, as you always make the best of things. Wanted to wish you an early BIRTHDAY greeting. Will definitely be thinking of you tomorrow and sending you much love. Continue to enjoy and can't wait to finally catch up with you!

Anonymous said...

Hello lovely ladeeee.
Happy happy happy birthday mamalicious!!
Sorry for the delay. I've been thinking about you so you've been with me fo show. Sounds like you're having a blast...wow am i jealous. I might do a mini vacation a la Big Sur this weekend but girrrl nothin' like what you're all about. I've been wanting to do the same thing for my birthday but haven't really done it or gone as big as you. You sure are inspiring me though. Dec 15 babeee. Gotta start daydreaming the destination. Sending you lots & lots of lovin'
xoxo
Samiiii