Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sunday in Quito

Thinking about you all and yes, wish you were here! All is well in lonnieworld in Quito. Today was somewhat quiet as it is on most Sundays during low season. The weather was perfect, clear, blue, sunny skies. I bought a camera, Yippee! Even met a couple of Couch Surfers, a travelers´connection resource. Felipe owns a cafe near my hotel and he was very sweet and helpful. I got together with Daniela at a internet cafe and she was a delight. We talked for hours and had some laughs too! Met some other cool folks including a 19yo Australian man who I help order breakfast as he didn´t speak much Spanish except Gracias. Still, I was impressed that he´d already traveled throughout Central and S.America over a 6 wk period, hiking, biking, and getting drunk:-)
I visited a couple of travel offices and made plans for my Galapagos Island tour, will know more about what´s available tomorrow. I visited some of the old churches and convents in the historical area where i´m staying. Will do a more formal city tour and visit La Mitad del Mundo (the equator). I´ll keep you posted, until then, keep well and send me a note when you can.

1 comment:

GloriaMT said...

Hi Missy, I'm Glad your having fun,please post some pics.Miss you!!