Sunday, November 17, 2013

2013 Lonnie's final post for Birthday in Chile

I loved Chile and plan to return again next year to visit the Patagonia region. Even the locals who've been there highly recommend it as well as the Atacama and winery regions. I had several servings of wine in Chile and I'm no winehead but each glass was quite tasty. I also enjoyed nice cheeses, and coffees (thx to Andrea, I came home with a few bags:). Interestingly enough, a favorite food for the locals is, Peruvian cuisine, from the common to the gourmet. On my last day in Santiago, I visited the Artisans Market where I bought a few souvenirs for the Homeys, then enjoyed a pleasant day in the park Cerro Santa Lucia.
 
(Pics, 1-Cerro Santa Lucia, 2-friend Natalia -three year penpals-1st meeting at her job in Pueblo Los Dominicos, 3-Moai and wild horse on Easter Island, courtesy of Julie, a California I met there and have since had coffee with in L A)
 
3:This last picture was special to me that I asked Julie to send it to me. I never took a photo of any of the many wild horses all over the island. Our guide Patricia told us that horses were once the form of transportation until cars came, then the horse owners just released them. They're plentiful, beautiful, and live a great life, with abundant land, food, and water. No predators. There were also lots of dogs all over Santiago as well as the island. They were part of the community. Chile love dogs and dogs love Chile. Being a dog lover, that worked for me.
 
My only complaint is that I have yet to receive the post card I mailed myself from Easter Island airport:-( I gave up on thinking I'll ever see it again, but it had a lovely stamp of the Moai on it. At least, everyone else got theirs in the States and Australia. Oh well, I'll try it again next year!
 
 


No comments: