Sunday, November 3, 2013

2013 Lonnie's Birthday in Chile, pt 4

Uncle Rudy(UR) was so frazzled at not having Wifi, so he could work, keep up with the news, etc., I found another accommodation, Hostal Sunset, just across the road. The place had more modems so it all worked out. We moved into a quaint cabina with AC and a sunset ocean view. Our beautiful, well-traveled hostess China, spoke/taught English, so finally UR met another English speaker, which he was very happy about. Walking around the town? Not so much...  I will again admit that I am a walker, a fast one at that, up to 10 miles in a day... one of the reasons I prefer to travel alone. So UR joined me for a walk thru the town since we needed dinner, snacks, souvenirs, etc.. Meanwhile, I wanted all of that plus a foot tour of the town. I loved hearing the locals speak their native language, and that they greeted us in it, gave me a 'Homey' feel. Had I been alone, I would have taken the time to learn and communicate a bit more with the locals. There was so much more I wanted to learn, experience, see, and do...next time, will do!
 
UR complained about the walking until we settled on an ocean-front restaurant with an extremely handsome English-speaking Rapa Nui waitor, Charles. UR was delighted by his gorgeousness, attention and conversations, so much so, we ate at the same restaurant the next night, excellent plates of curry chicken...yummy! In our rented car, we visited more amazing places including beaches, caves, and more archaeological sites.
 
On the eve of my Birthday, China treated me to a wonderful sunset dinner, ice cream cake w/candles, a wonderful ambiance. Thanks China and Uncle Rudy! After dinner, our ride picked us up to transport us to the Polynesian Cultural show. I walked in the place wearing my Birthday tiara, the hostess never skipped a beat, 'Well Yahara (local greeting)! Never has such a distinguished guest come to our humble show...thank you!' I melted with delight and was even gifted a CD of the show music. The stories, music, songs, dances, and wine were excellent! Loved my face make-up done by one of the dancers, great show!
 
Pics - 1)This was the view from our new accommodation, Hostal Sunset, 2) more Moai, 3-4) caves, 5) Patricio (best guide ever), 6-7) Hostal Sunset/restaurant for my 8) Birthday Dinner of shrimps w/rice - Delish! 9) Owner/Amazing Hostess - China, 10-12)Polynesian Folkloric show, 13)Julie/me (she's from L A area also), 14) Birthday breakfast treats, 15) A Birthday Rainbow, and 16) my favorite pic from the Polynesian show.
 
 
 
 

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9) 

10)
11)
12)
13)

14)

15)

16)
 
 

 
 

No comments: