Monday, May 31, 2010

Honduras 8/Utila Island















Finally got to my first Honduran Island of Utila where I could scuba dive and snokel. The coral reefs were close with plenty of beautiful bright blue, yellow, orange, and multi-colored tropical fish. Saw 2 stingrays, a polka dot sea snake, a moray eel, and plenty of nearly invisible jellyfish. I got stung a few times, but by the time I got out of the water, there was no evidence of contact. My dive master Allan was highly skilled and loco! Sorry I didn't have an underwater camera and they were not easy to get:-(
The tarantula greeted me from across my room and hung out on the curtain. I asked some other travelers to help and one young brave man did a 'catch and release'. I also had him to check my rooms for cousins, aunts, and uncles. Thankfully, there were none and I slept well.
Currently on the beautiful island of Roatan where I plan to scuba and snorkel. My hotel room is across the street from the beach and the town is quite beautiful. I walked around last night and found a place called 'Barefoot Bar' and that's where the party was! I danced for over an hour with another traveler who was from Germany and he danced like a Jamaican! I ate a nice BarBQ chicken dinner for $5 and it was delish!
Roatan is definitely more expensive than Honduras in general and my room cost the highest so far, $25/night w/ air con., cable tv, and hot water. I plan to spend another night here before heading back to the mainland where I hope to do buy a few items before heading home.
I truly hope all is well with you and it would be nice to hear a comment or note so I can know if I'm even talking to anybody. Just say Hi, Bye, something?
Peace and Blessings,
Lonnie




No comments: