Sunday, May 31, 2015

Philippines, pt 1

(still catching up on trip notes)

Philippines, arrival Dec.2013

Maganda umaga! (Good morning)
Thx to Air Philippine, had a very long (14 hr) trip, but the movie selections, food, service, & passengers were splendid! My friend Jingle & her brother picked me up from the airport in Manila for a near-hour long drive through the hot, humid, busy streets to their family home in Marong Province. I barely met everyone before I heard, 'kain na!' (let's eat!) & eat we did. I fell in love with toddler niece Angel (sitting on rocker), who called me 'Tita Lonnie' (auntie Lonnie), so did all of the children who were so smart, sweet, & funny!

We visited an open market where items were bought for the next day's visit to Villa Escudero's museum & wonderful restaurant with tables in the basin of the waterfall, reached by Caribou, We saw & felt little fish in the water while we were enjoying delicious (all-you-can-eat food). Really tickled! 

(Pics; flight, Jingle, Angel & cousin, Jingle's family, Caribou ride, more family pics, Jingle w/husband Eugene, commemorative photo) 




















No comments: