Saturday, October 15, 2011

Lonnie in Ireland, last chapter/pics

I never tired of seeing the churches, countrysides, castles, street performers, pristine towns, clean streets and general landscape of Ireland. We went to the Blarney Castle where almost everyone kisses the Blarney Stone (rumored to give you the gift of gab after you kiss it). Being a germiphobe and having a raging cold, I passed on kissing the stone.The last stop on our tour was the Guiness Brewery. Gravity Bar on top of the brewery offered a 360 degree view of Dublin. I even met sistas from L A, a brotha from London, and of course, a life-sized green leprechaun.

Later, I returned to Dublin where I was treated to a wonderful birthday dinner by my Aussie sisters. We listened to amazing musicians sing Irish folk and pub songs. The following day, I visited some museums, art galleries, and Trinity College, home of the Book of Kells and some of the oldest books in Ireland. The college is also home of the first medical and nursing school, so ancient medical instruments, devices, anatomy charts, medical books, etc. were on display. There were also videos to show how the books were hand written and custom bound...fascinating.
I know this blog is lite and brief, but suffice it to say, Ireland is a very beautiful country! I stopped in Chicago before returning to L A and the family is good, still crazy!















































































































































































No comments: