Friday, October 10, 2008

Leaving Ecuador

I was just getting used to the altitude again, (took 2 days) and now it´s time to go. So yesterday, I played tourist again and visited an enormous park, a little upscale area called Bella Vista (beautiful view) and it is. The highlight was hiking up to Capilla del Hombre (Chapel of Man), the home and gallery of Internationally known Oswaldo Guayazamin (s/p). He was a deep man and so was his art that evolved from anger to tenderness regarding humanity. It took me 1hr 15min to reach the top of the mountain site, as my calves and buns cramped up the steep incline... it only took 45 min to come down. It was a serious workout! The view was spectacular. The Pinchicha volcano moutains backgrounded the city of homes, highrises, and busy streets.



I came down and had a big bowl of shrimp soup before going to old Quito once more. I was looking for postcards and souvenirs but found a few CDs instead. I have a few hours today before my flight to find a few postcards or my photos may just have to do! I did find a few pairs of earring though...surprised?

All in all, the trip was fantastic and I would do it again, some things better, but for sure, again. Hope you enjoyed the trip with me!....see you manñana!
peace and blessings,
lonnie

No comments: