Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Lonnie in Nepal #4






























































Started the first day of my trek with a guide who spoke limited English so I was not happy as I specifically asked for an English speaker. I was told by the boss, 'oh he speaks better English than I do' which turned out to be a lie, but it was too late to do anything different as I'd already paid my money...a refund wouldn't happened so here goes...
We took a taxi to the point where we would start trekking and I begin my assent up a mtn that was around 7,000 feet and this was just the warm up! 20 minutes into it, I was sweating, 40 minutes into it, I was drenched in sweat! What the hell had I gotten myself into? and I had 9 more days to go...and go I did as there was no turning back. So I trekked over and thru waterfalls, rivers, boulders, wet rocks, mud slopes, jungle vines, trees, and grasses, while it rained nearly the entire time.

I needed more than faith and willpower to get through this so I called on my angel Eva (with stage IV cancer who has more life and light in her than the majority of so called healthy folks). I would dedicate the entire trek to Eva. When I needed her inspiration, I'd touch the pink ribbon on my necklace, breath in Eva energy, say a silent prayer, and keep trekking.

The first day's trek was around 8hours, Whew! ...not fun and a whole new level of insanity!

9 more days to go!

Photos: trekking along the way meeting Americans, Thai lady, Koreans gone wild, local baby, trek map (check out the distances between villages...passed thru a few villages/day) rain, clouds, mountains, mountains, mountains....
ps: just found out that my photos are small enough to upload more per blog.....yipppeee!

No comments: