Monday, September 28, 2009

Lonnie in India cont>
















Hope all is well in your world...I'll keep in brief as not to bore you with details but the adventures cont. I had a day of culture shock shortly after arrival in Agra as I was sitting in an internet cafe, and out of my peripheral view, I could see large black objects passing. It was a herd of buffalo, I say OK. The street is narrow, there are people , cars, bikes, motorickshaws, motorcycles, and now black buffalo. OK, cool. Then I see something else that my peripheral vision had not made out and I turn to see a herd of goats being sheparded by a small child and I say OK, that's cool. Next, was a white cow walking casually thru the maze of movement, and I say OK that's cool and a well known common occurence in India. Then I turn back to see a giant camel pulling a cart loaded with rice, grains, spices, etc. and I think...Where the hell am I for real? Am I being punked? It was surreal as the narrow street had all this action going on much as it has been for milliniums! Loving It. Wish you were here!
Just finished touring Udaipur, Jaipur, and Bikaner (Rat Temple), now in Jodhpur. Will fill you in on the visits later. Kisses,
Lonnieworld

No comments: