Friday, June 5, 2015

Philippines, The underwater caves of Palawan, pt 5, final post

Palawan is beautiful, but the underwater caves were Phenomenal!!! Worth the price of the ticket! My camera shots could not reflect the beauty of the natural art inside the caves. We saw formations that resembled various vegetables, musical instruments, faces, and animals. There were thousands of bats, prompting the guide to advise, if you look up, don't say 'Wow' or something (bat poop) may land in your mouth! Our guide's warmth, humor and narration were as perfect as the still water, and the cooler temperature.

The excitement and wonder were palpable and I remained on the high even after I flew back to Manila! The following day, I joyfully performed (bellydance) for Jingle and family in appreciation of their gracious hospitality. 'Kain na' (let's eat) one last time and the next day, I returned to Manila's airport. As soon as I settled in my window seat, a little girl loudly sung, 'Oo Na na, what's my name? Oo na na, what's my name?' (a Rihana song) over and over again. She sat 6 rows behind me, yet with ear plugs & headphones on, I heard, 'Oo na na, what's my name' ...

I wanted to ask her name so I could answer her. Ugh! It would be a 12 hr flight, and she'd been singing the same lyrics for an hour already. I gave up trying to sleep, then watched a movie. Soon, it was meal time. Thankfully, lil 'Rihana' opted to eat and quit singing to do so. Then, I didn't hear her again.  'i-tis' (after meal fatigue) shut her down! Yes!!!

Trip least favorites: 
The heat was brutal! 
Lil airplane Rihana's mother who never advised child to use her 'inside voice'.

Trip highlights: 
The hospitality of the people, the closeness of family, the manner of celebrating Xmas, and the natural beauty of the South Pacific. 

Salamat (thank you) for all of it!

Pics: Palawan - underground caves tour.












No comments: